Search This Blog

Monday 22 April 2019

My first zero and a trip to the doctors

On Sunday, Easter Sunday, I took my first zero.
And visited a highly recommended doctor due to a minor problem in my left ankle.

There's a thing called a birsa underneath the tendon that is supposed to be soft and loose and squishy. Apparently my tendon was tight and rubbed against it which annoyed it and made it swell. Which increased the rubbing and so the swelling increased and so on... You see where this is going.

Now I have to ice it (dunk it in a stream) twice a day for ten minutes, and have a couple extra stretches to do. But I get to keep on hiking! Though the doctor mandated ten miles a day maxium until the pain goes away.

The doctor at Serendipity Clinic was very thorough and examined my legs and all the rest of my that might have any problem - she head my cough and made sure my heart and lungs were okay - and then charges about 60 dollars, which she charges everyone. It took over an hour for her to finish with me. She's highly recommended.

So today, Monday, I have a shorter hike planned but I still get to hike which is the main thing.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know you can keep going. The doctor sounds very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are sorted and take it easy and take care

    ReplyDelete