Search This Blog

Sunday 14 April 2019

Day 2

Today was a nice, easy day of only about 9miles. Shorter than yesterday. Apparently, though, it's the easiest 8 mile stretch in all of Georgia. Things can only get more fun!

I think we've started forming a small trail family. There's me, Dana - a middle aged ish man from the States who wants to get at least there if not the whole trail, Carly - a 29 year old therapist also from the States and wantingto go the whole way, and MJ - a Northern Irish woman looking to through hike too.

We've all done similar mile days, we're planning to get to the next shelter together at Gooch Mountain Shelter, which is about another 7 miles off. I think MJ has the fastest pace and we probably won't hike together, the other two hike slower than me but I've hiked with them today. I don't know if I will tomorrow. We'll see how I feel and if they set off before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment