Search This Blog

Friday 14 June 2019

The Quarter Way Inn to Angels Rest Hiker Haven

As mentioned before I ended up at the Quarter Way Inn. I ended up staying the night, and had an amazing breakfast. One twenty mile slack pack later, I stayed another night and had another wonderful breakfast.

The twenty miles were wet, stormy and wet. Parts of the trail were basically rivers, again. The Quarter Way Inn was a warm refuge to return to at least.

It turned out, however, during the storm a tree a had been blown down and so we couldn't be dropped off at the same spot. Thankfully though, when we were dropped off it was sunny and remained so for the next day. There was rain over night occasionally.

Highlights included Dismal Falls, where I swam and/or jumped in water. It was fun.

The path eventually lead me to Pearisburg, and the Angels Rest Hiker Haven where I arrived on Thursday the 13th, and am now sat writing on the 14th as I take a zero.

2 comments:

  1. Must have been some storm. Glad you had somewhere dry to sleep, and some wonderful breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me you are having a good time !! Glad you enjoyed your swim. Hope there will be better weather for you soon.

    ReplyDelete