Search This Blog

Thursday 6 June 2019

Grayson Highlands

Wednesday started sunny. Then it got wet.

After a looong climb, because my pack is over full of food, I made it to a short climb. After the short climb, there was a bit of flat where I saw ponies in the mist.

The day continued in a similar way. I loved it. It was cool and wet and damp but not too soggy. And occasionally there were misty ponies.
Towards mid afternoon, the weather cleared. I also discovered there were free shuttles to a restaurant where one might have real food.

They also had a banana split....

One banana split, one burger, a portion of chips, a portion of mozzarella sticks, and two scoops of ice cream in a cone later (in that order), Hermes and I foot our free ride back to the trail and could barely walk. He through-hiked a few years ago, and is now out for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Flippin heck Chris where did you put it all. I suppose you will walk it off tomorrow. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete