Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Post Damascus

At Damascus I had a rather pleasant surprise. My two bounce boxes were there at the post office, but not only those: care packages from home had finally arrived along with a replacement battery! A small resupply of 8 dollars wort of spam, and an oversized lunch left me happy to continue. (I'm still not sure how I feel about the fact that I seem to like spam. I hope it's just hiker hunger..)
Having done that I marchés another six miles into the woods with an overly heavy pack.
And so ended Monday.

Tuesday was a short day to the next but one shelter. Not much of note happened beyond discovering my pack is very heavy and I wasn't just tired on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Spam, spam, spam, spam.... I'm sure it will wear off eventually.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable spam not ham. Where has that come from. You had better eat it quick to lighten your load

    ReplyDelete