Search This Blog

Monday 10 June 2019

Leaving the Highlands and heading for town

I was awoken on Thursday by the sound of ponies. A small herd of them had meandered over towards camp and then ended up in camp. They were surprisingly loud when I was trying to sleep. Once I grudgingly got up and started the day, they quietened down.
Not the nicest of alarm clocks...

Thursday's hike began with rain. It ended with rain. And there was rain in the middle too. It was just a damp day. I also did twenty miles in the damp rain.

Friday was similar but shorter. I ended up at the Mount Rogers Trail Headquarters. It has snacks and a few museum-y displays about the place. I also saw an Eastern Box Turtle along the way, which is very much a tortoise despite American naming customs...

No comments:

Post a Comment