Search This Blog

Thursday 30 May 2019

The Station at 19E

On Monday, I came down from Roan Mountain the mountain to Roan Mountain the town. It was a 16mile day with some brilliant views out from the various balds I crossed. I was then treated to a lovely dinner and pretty good bunk room.

Tuesday followed and I managed to do work-for-stay. I had my accommodation for two nights covered, along with free lunch and dinner. All I actually ended up doing was a little sweeping, showing people around, and holding things for a plumber.

I then had to pay for Wednesday as j took a 14 mile slack pack past some gorgeous waterfalls. I met a few friends and encouraged them to try tk make for Kincora hostel - it'd be a 20-something day, but over some of the easiest terrain we'd seen yet, to get to a hostel that only takes voluntary donations for a bed, shower and laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you're meeting up with friends
    Hope the long hike goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a good return for your work ! Like Mum hope the hike goes well

    ReplyDelete