Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Support Network

Do I have one?


Well yes, but actually no.

Or no, but actually yes; but I couldn't find an image for that.


My girlfriend, other friends and family will be (hopefully) reading along at home.  Possibly watching along if I post videos.  They'll be with me in spirit.  But in person? If I'm lucky?  Maybe?

My girlfriend and family have expressed interest in flying out to see me whilst I'm away, but there's no guarantee that they can.  They certainly can't do it more than once (unless it's an emergency).

Unlike some American and Canadian (or even Mexican) (or maybe Cuban) (or any one else in North America), my friends and family can't just pop over to see how I'm doing.  They might be able to send me supplies or gear, and I might be able to send stuff home, but that will be costly; and will have a significant delay between them sending it and me receiving it.  

I'll be working under the assumption that I cannot get aid from friends and family, and it shall be a nice surprise if I do get anything nice.  I plan to be fully self supported, because I don't have the option not to be.  

However 

I do have a sort of lifeline guarantee.  If something goes wrong, if something bad happens, or even if I just want to give up; I do have a one use only Get Me Out Of Here card, if you will.  But there's no takebacks, no rewind or undo button.  No Ctrl+Z.  
Unlike local(er) people, if I quit I will not be able to un-quit without saving up and booking flights all over again.  

No pressure, though; right?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment