Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Aren't I Worried?

I'm going to confess a secret.

I'm getting worried.

Not, you know, lot.  But.. a bit
I keep thinking what if my bag is too heavy?
What if something goes wrong?  I could get injured! 
I could miss out on important things back home!  I might not be recognised, maybe I won't recognise my friends and family when I get home! Six months is a long time, after all.

And worse, what if I don't enjoy it?  I can't easily come home if it turns out to be completely awful.
Don't get me wrong, I am still very excited and I am looking forward to it all.  But.. what if!? 

So here's what I'm doing

I am doing as much as I can to not read about other people right now.  I can't keep comparing myself to others who might be lighter, who might be heavier.  I'll get stuck in a loop and panic. 
So I'm throwing myself into my other duties right now.  I'm still exercising and keeping myself fit and ready for the hike of a lifetime, but I'm also not going to read anything more.  If I need to get lighter stuff, I'll do it when I'm in the USA.
I'm taking on more tutees and engaging in my other hobbies more, and hopefully I'll stop worrying for now. 
Because all of these worries are unfounded and silly.  I will have fun, if I do get injured I have insurance, if something goes wrong I have backups.  So everything will be fine, I know it rationally.








....but what if...?

No comments:

Post a Comment